ALAP December 2012 Meeting 6-9PM Thursday 12/13 @ MLUI
Dear As Local As Possible friends,
Our December meeting is coming up this Thursday evening. As you’ll see in the agenda below, we will have two presenters—Bill Koucky of Northwestern Michigan Biodiesel has a followup to his September presentation, and Jen Mackey of Northern Natural Winery is presenting her business and its plans and capital needs. We’ll start with a potluck and end with our group business meeting.
As we settle down for winter, things seem to be warming up in the region re local investing. Hope to see you all there! Please remember to rsvp to this email—it not only helps us find enough chairs, but it helps our presenters know what to prepare for, too. Thanks in advance for your co-operation.
Attached are the agenda, and the application from Northern Natural Winery.
– Barb Tholin, ALAP admin
As Local As Possible Meeting Agenda
Thursday, December 13, 2012, 6–9 PM
At MLUI office meeting room, 148 E. Front St., third floor (can enter from street or alley)
6 PM Gather for potluck
6:35–6:45 transition into meeting, time for brief announcements
Short presentation from Bill Koucky of Michigan Biodiesel. Bill presented to our group in September and has updates to share in regard to his plans and financial report.
– Northern Natural Winery (see application for details)
– Split time for presentation and discussion/Q & A
7:40–7:50 break time, eating and stretching
7:50–9:00 Business Meeting
[Everyone is welcome to stay for this part, or stay as long as they can. Presenters are asked to leave so the group may comfortably discuss the presentations.]
1. Check in on agenda, make additions
2. Reminders: kitty and website fund collection, lending library
3. Discussion of presenters and interest in further contact
4. Reports from post-Shuman meeting on 12/10, and BALLE webinar on 12/13.
5. Plan winter schedule, including new year social get-together
6. Rotation of admin duties—taking volunteers to share or take on duties
7. Review applications for future presentations.
8. Confirm action items and close meeting.